Thursday, October 29, 2015

Bail out

Dear Rak,

I remember when I first started driving my Pathfinder and I thought I was all that and wanted to drive to Queens to party with my friends one Saturday night. But....before I went I had to go to Tanger Outlets to get a pair of shoes. I rushed there to catch them like ten minutes before they closed and I ran out my car with it still running and locked myself out! You were the only one I could call. You were finally resting from your busy week at your apartment in Ridge and I called you to tell you what I did and not once did you sound the least bit annoyed. You drove to the house in Riverhead to get my spare key, drove to the outlets to unlock my car and STILL asked me if I was ok and needed anything. Then you calmly and lovingly went back home. You had nothing negative to say and gave me that beautiful smirk and kept it moving. You were always bailing me out of my crazy situations. LOL. I'm really going to miss that...

2 comments:

  1. Dear Rak,
    I remember the night we met. The name of the bar was The Bench and I was there with a bunch of guys from my dorm building. I was the only girl at the dorm who was 21 at the time. I remember seeing you shortly after I got there. You were wearing a gray sweatshirt, jeans and sneakers. As I was hanging out with my friends I kept getting that feeling you get when someone is staring at you and every time I turned around we would lock eyes for a moment. I remember seeing you on the dance floor, dancing by yourself, so I approached you and we danced for a while. You turned to me and said "thanks for the dance." You always denied saying that and we would always laugh about it but I'm sticking to my story and you said it! I left you there on the dance floor and went and got a drink with my friends. I remember I actually left the bar because one of my friends said they were all ready to go. I can't remember why I went back inside but as soon as I did there you were with your huge phone and keyboard. This was 2001 when flip phones were in and small phones were in. We were still using the number 2 as ABC 3 was DEF etc. And here you were with a flip out keyboard almost like a palm pilot. I remember thinking who is this guy? Lol The only thing you said to me is what's your number? Didn't ask my name or strike up conversation, nothing. I would never ever have given my number to someone who had so little "game" but there was just something about you. I gave you the number and left. Best decision I ever made.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete